1. Ohio State
Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott (15) jumps over Virginia Tech safety Desmond Frye (26) during the first half of an NCAA college football game in Blacksburg, Va., Monday, Sept. 7, 2015. (AP Photo/Steve Helber)
2. Alabama. Crimson Tide jump TCU because it won with more authority over Wisconsin while Horned Frogs were pushed by Minnesota.
4. Michigan State
7. Florida State
11. Georgia Tech
13. Notre Dame
15. Ole Miss
17. Texas A&M-Aggies move into poll after downing Arizona State 38-17. Veteran SEC coordinator John Chavis doing work with defense.
18. LSU–Tricky what to do with Tigers after game cancelled, but shouldn’t be penalized by the weather.
22. Boise State
23. Mississippi State
24. Wisconsin-Hanging in the poll because had one of toughest matchups of opening weekend.
25. West Virginia–Considered BYU, Tennessee, Utah, Northwestern here. A 44-0 shutout of Georgia Southern’s option impressive. Eagles averaged 39.1 points per game last season.